Fishermans tails 5

The panaramic view of a fallen wall

This story was from a friend of a friend who fishes.

When I was a young man  (16 i think)I had no job ,so I went to the local bar asking the locals if there was any work going and a as a big strapping lad that I was, I thought I could do anything so when a man said he needed a some building work done I jumped at the chance. So a few minites later I was following this man home and he explained that he needed some channels cut into a wall so I picked up the correct tool struck it once and this 8m long wall vibrated so much that I woudnt want to lean on it it was that loose.

I went downstairs to tell the man the problem then he said I want you to knock it down then. To which I grinned happily. I walked back upstairs picked up a 5kg sledgehammer and swung it as hard as I could and the whole wall shoock then fell in what seemed like slow motion. What I didnt realise was that the old man was watching and started laughing and i joined in and had a nice cold beer with him as we watched the sun go down.

That following week I stayed with him and rebuilt that wall.I swear that week turned me into a man I am today.I probably lost 50% of the fat that was on my body.

I hope you enjoied this story I did and as always have a great day from the Viking.


Comments