SAVED chaper one

❖Anna❖
Time. It's a funny thing. It either passes too slow or it passes too fast.
At this moment, time is going by slow. This whole shift is going to slow. I look at the clock, one more hour to go. One hour, then I'm free from this hellhole. Don't get me wrong. I'm very glad that I got this job. Everyone knows that I need the money. But cleaning someone else's mess while your perv boss watches you every move, isn't really my dream job. I finish the room and walk out. While I'm putting away the cleaning supplies, I hear my boss calling me. "I need to speak to you. Come to my office please." One of my co-workers looks at me with a smirk "Good luck. You are gonna need it." She flicks her hair and laughs. Clearly enjoying her own joke. I glare at her and start walking towards the bosses office. The closer I get to his door, the more my nervous are showing. I never really liked my boss. Nor do I like being alone with him.
As soon as I knock on the door, he tells me to enter. "Please take a seat." He says, without looing up from his paperwork and waves his hand towards a stool. "Anna..." he starts after a moment of silence. "I have decided to cut some of your work hours." He looks up at me and folds his arms. "Sir, I can't" "The others are starting to think that I'm giving you a special treatment, with all the hours I gave you." He interrupts me. "I am a hard worker. That is why you gave me the extra hours." I look up at him and feel a shudder from the sickening smile he is giving me. "I know dear. But now.... We have to end that." "What?" "So I decided to cut half of your hours starting this week." He finishes his speech. I blink at him... half of my hours... that would mean half of the money. And I can't afford that. I need that money. "Sir, I'm sorry if I sound disrespectful. But I need that money. More then anyone else who is working here. Isn't there anything you can do? Are there any hours left for me to take?" While I was speaking, my boss had stood up and was standing right behind me. "Well," he says while laying his hands on my shoulders, "there is always an option we can talk about." His hands start to move up and down my arms, giving me goose bumps, and not the right kind. "No!" I say while shaking his arms of. "No?" he asks with an evil grin. "Then from now on, you only work half of your previous hours. You may go now. He pushes me in to the hall and is about to close his door when he calls me back. "Ow and Anna. If I where you, I would reconsider your choices. I could always give you even less hours." He gives me another smirk and closes the door. Only when I hear the click of the door, the previous events fall together in my mind and tears start to well in my eyes. "I see all went well." I hear someone say behind me. And without looking back I know who it is. "Shut up Harver." I blink a couple of times to get rid of the tears, put my chin up in the air and start walking towards the exit. I'll figure out the money problem later. I just need to get out of here now.
Once I get home, the waterworks start and the stressing begins. I live alone in an apartment, in the middle of NYC. It's a small apartment, with one bedroom a small bathroom with a shower, a toilet and a sink, a little kitchen and a living room. And even though the electricity sometimes stops working. And the Wi-Fi signal is dead most of the time.... I still have to pay the bills, then the groceries, college, library card. Ow! The library. I forgot to pick up a book for English. Then I have to do that... WAIT! That was completely off topic. I need to focus! When I look at the clock, I notice that I have two and a half hours left for dinner and studies until my shift at Pub Gunn starts... Say... that's it! I could start working double shifts at the pub. The payment is a little lower, but the tips are good and the boss isn't a perv. I'll ask them tonight before my shift starts. Maybe I could start doing double then tonight. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay." I say to myself, slowly calming down and starting my dinner. I'll study a little later.

YOU'LL ALSO LIKE

Honosius's Quest by NoWi2424
Honosius's Quest
By NoWi2424
 15  2
Honosius sits inside in Antonia's house who is in very poor state, near death in fact. He rushes out to collect vital ingredients for a cure, across many exotic locations as the poor woman's body is fighting against advancing death.  
Will Antonia survive? Will Honosius be quick enough? Will he succeed? Will Honosius surive the adventure?
Guardian Angel Service  by Violetsky67
Guardian Angel Service
By Violetsky67
 218  19
Do you believe in soul mates? Coal Black certainly didn't. In fact, his life was full of dates with girls he barely knew, rebelling against every rule known to man and having the time of his life. Well.... until his life ended. 
Coal was in an accident - a deadly one. The world turned black and cold before a piercing light shone before him. Next minute he knew, he woke up to a pair of feathery wings attached to his back, being able to walk through walls, and this strange pull towards a breathtakingly beautiful girl. Coal wasn't put back on Earth for no reason, not even close. But what if this reason brought along a world of secrets and evil lurking around every corner? Will Coal survive, or will he die all over again and this time, no second chance at life?
Read a story of a boy thrust into a world of dark fantasy, action and whole load of humour.
Now wouldn't that be peachy? by PriscillaNg943
Now wouldn't that be peachy?
By PriscillaNg943
 8  2
Diana Stern,  a girl who lives with her parents, but their not always at home making Diana independent, until one day when she went to school to start a new day just before her birthday, she was kidnapped by a white haired boy and found out her parents were actually royals in another dimension.
Crossing the Silver Thorns by Quillworks
Crossing the Silver Thorns
By Quillworks
 319  14
Alema (aw-leh-may) is the dominant male of a small African wild dog pack, dedicating every day of his life towards his family. He has remained blissfully unaware of the world outside the secluded wildlife reserve his pack calls home, and makes an effort to avoid the barbed wire barrier that separates the two lands. But there are bigger problems under way. Poachers have broken into the reserve, and Alema's mate and pups become victims of their trade. At a loss without his family, Alema must travel to the strange and unfamiliar Outside World to reclaim them.
No longer protected within the conservation veldt, Alema is faced with a world overtaken by the upwalkers. A world where animals are killed for parts and dogs are forced to fight against one another in the streets. Beyond his knowledge, Alema has treaded upon one of the most high-profile illegal wildlife trade cases in all of Africa--and he is stuck in the middle of it all. 
Age Range: Children's Fiction (though open to all age groups) 
Rankings:
#408 in Adventure (12/26/17)
#317 in Adventure (12/29/17)
#194 in Adventure (1/1/18)
Author's Note: Hey everyone! I just wanted to announce that for the month of January, I will donate 25 cents to the Cheetah Conservation Fund for every comment made on a chapter. This doesn't include one word comments, but rather well-thought out suggestions and observations. You can comment on a chapter as many times as you wish, but keep in mind that only one comment per person per chapter counts towards the donations. That means if you comment on each of these eight chapters, $2.00 will be donated.
stuck in naruto world  by AkumaKira917
stuck in naruto world
By AkumaKira917
 59  13
Karasu is odd teenage girl she has no last name and no parent's ...at school she silent and everyone fears her but she never shows it she doesn't care anyway....she has no friends and believes that friendship will slow her down and make her weak all the time. She always has her emotions lock up never smiles or laughs she is more of a silent time...but one day walking on the street she gets hit by a truck....what will happen to her now? Will she stay the same?  FYI I SUCK AT DESCRIPTION (she also a jinchuuriki )
Dork Diaries: New girl by Selenatheunicorn
Dork Diaries: New girl
By Selenatheunicorn
 19  2
Nikki finds out about Mackenzie and Selena's past! Is it gonna be about one of them doing something bad or being besties? Find out!
Cassandra by QV1209
Cassandra
By QV1209
 9  5
Cassandra Hun is the first and only Female guard of the King. Carter is a well known thief. Both only have met through the bars of a cell, or whenever Cassandra has to hunt him down after escaping to take him back. But now, the unlikely couple from two different walks of life must set aside their past to work together for a mutual goal, saving the abducted princess before the royal family surrenders the kingdom to foreigners for her return. With only a week to accomplish this goal, Cassandra needs his skills and connections, all the while, he needs her brute strength and authority, but will it be enough to save the kingdom?
❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
Pub Gunn is a normal sized pub, with a dark but cosy interior. The bar, tables and stools are made out of dark wood. In the back there are a couple of booths, dressed in dark green leather. Rose is the owner of the pub, she calls it 'her baby' and is the most important reason that the pub is always busy. Once I walk in, Rose greats me, "Hello Anna darling. How are you today?" I take a breath. This is my chance to ask her. "Not so well to be honest." I answer her. "They cut back my hours at the hotel. And I need that money." Rose looks at me, waiting for me to continue. "And... uhm..." I stutter nervously, "well I was wondering if I could perhaps double my shifts here." I look at Rose who gives me a smile. "Are you sure you want to work here, every night till 2 or 2:30? You still have college sweetie" "I know Rose. But  I really need the money. Otherwise there will be no worrying about college." "We could use your help very much Anna but you have to promise me that your college will come first. And maybe you should think about quitting the hotel job and find something else. I don't like the way they are treading you there." I smile feeling relieved and give Rose a quick hug. "Thank you. I will think about the job thing." "Good." Rose says and pulls back out the hug. "Now go get changed. You're new and longer shift is starting tonight," She winks at me and walks away to help a costumer.
It's a busy night in Pub Gunn. At the start of my shift there weren't many people in, just a couple on a date, some girls and a group of man. Now the couple is gone, the girls have doubled, the men are drunk and almost the whole pub is full of talking and laughter.  I am walking around to check if all the costumers are content, when a group of seven men walk in. They are all dressed in dark clothing and have a dangerous vibe over them. They all scan their surroundings and I'm not sure if they are looking for a place to sit, or someone to fight with. One of them catches my attention. He is standing in front, with a dark look in his eyes. I let my eyes wander over him, his brown hair, the softly tanned skin, those sapphire blue eyes, a trimmed beard, broad shoulders hidden under need a suit jacket. One of his friends nudges him on his arm and nods towards a free booth in the back. The smallest nod is given in return as a sign of approval and together the group starts walking.
Christy, one of the other girls who work here, comes up next to me and pokes my side softly, "The hot and dangerous crew is sitting in your section. You lucky girl." She whines. I look at her and can't help but laugh. Of course she would fall for them as soon as they walked in. "Christy. You should go clean your face." I say with a serious look. Christy looks at me and brings her hands up to her face. "Why? What's wrong with it?" I laugh once again unable to keep a straight face, "You re drooling." I wink at her and move away before she can hit me. She gives me a look that tells me that she's already working on a plan to get back at me for that joke and I make may way towards the booth in the back. Once I reach their table, one of the guys looks up and gets a smirk on his face. "Uhm,... welcome to Pub Gunn." I stutter a little, their presence making me feel uncomfortable. "Would you guys like something to drink?" Now all the guys are looking at me and I let my eyes move around the group, till they connect with the sapphire ones. It feels like I forget how to breath while looking in those eyes. As if the only thing I can do is look at this stranger.
❖Gabriel❖
We walk into the pub together. River and I up front, then the twins Joel and Arlo with Eliot and in the back Nicolaas and Raphael.  I scan the pub, it's busy as always around tis time. Rider nudges my arm and nods towards an empty booth in the back. It's a little darker then the other places but has a good view over the pub. I answer with a small nod and we start to make our way over. While we walk I can feel people watching us. I scan around and am leased with what I see; the woman have a look of lust, the man of fear, and people are moving away to clear a path for us. That's how we work. Even though most of these people here don't know who we are, they know who the boss is and they know not to get in our way. We sit down and the guys softly talk with each other. It's a habit of us, when we are in public, we talk in hushed tones. That way we are sure no one can hear us. "Uhm,... welcome to Pub Gunn." I hear a sweet voice say. "Would you guys like something to drink?" I look up and find myself mesmerized by the girl standing in front of us. Her dark hair, curled around her face. Her soft looking pale skin that is screaming for me to touch it. Her beautiful curls. And her eyes. Her twinkling brown eyes. Once they lock with mine the world stops and I am lost in the moment.
Until I remember who and what I am. "A beer." I say ruder then I intended, and looking away from her. Her eyes widen for a moment and show a flash of fear. She quickly scribbles our order down and without looking back up she says that the drinks will be with us soon and walks of. "Did you have to scare her? She seems nice." Elliot, my cousin and our youngest member says. "Well, she should be scared." I answer him while following the girls movements with my eyes. "I'm not a good person." "So you don't mind if I have a go with her?" Raphael asks while wiggling with his eyebrows. "She looks like someone I could have some fun with." He continues. I answer his question with a glare and Nicolaas hits his head. "When are you going to stop doing that?!" Raphael asks annoyed while rubbing the back of his head. "When are you going to learn that girls aren't toys?" Nicolaas answers in the same annoyed tone in his voice. The guys keep going back and fort with their argument and I zone out of the conversation.+
After a little time the girl comes back with our drinks and puts them down in front of everyone. When she hands me my drink, her eyes once again lock with mine and the fear i saw in them earlier is completely gone. "Enjoy your drinks." She says. "If you need anything ells, just give me a call and I'll be right there. Enjoy your night!" The whole time she was speaking, her eyes didn't leave mine and before she leaves, she gives me a smile. One that can only be recognized as a fake smile by a trained eye. It doesn't reach her eyes. The girl has some courage. Even though I know I shouldn't, I want to learn more about her.

Comments