Poets Corner By the Northern Rose.


 Dear sun,
I sit here now and listen to the wind rustling against my window pane.
On the television plays a tale of a time long ago.
It’s a story of love. Love for a country, love between spouses.
I feel the humor in viewing films on great leaders, all of whom are kings and queens. Yet today we we see those in power as weak.
You are not weak my dear.
Its in the way you walk, the way you talk.
Its in the way you hold your head, the way you smile….
I could go on, yet it would then be doubtful that this would ever end...
The way you interact with me makes me smile in every way.
I get blue sometimes,
But you put a smile on my face.
I get mad,
But you put a smile on my face.
I break out crying for no apparent reason,
You wrap me in a hug and put a smile on my face.
It doesn’t matter the time, the place, the circumstance,
You always put a smile on my face.

By The Northern Rose





Comments