POETS CORNER A Lion Cub Turning Into A Lion by The Broken Butterfly.

A Lion Cub Turning Into A Lion 

Resultat d'imatges de lion cub turning into a lion
I remember my first day of high school.
I was so nervous.
I was so clueless.

I was like a Lion cub,
With my fuzzy fur all mess up,
And with my self conscious walk trying to act older
I was like a Lion cub.

Over the years,
My mane grew.
My teeth sharpened.
My roar got louder and brighter.
The pride got bigger and stronger.

Sure I got in fights.
Sure I fell down,
But I did it for the people that I love.

It’s my last day,
And it’s time leave and start my own pride.
It’s scary but I’ll be brave.
I don’t know what the future holds,
But that’s the fun of it.

My journey is wild and free,
Like the wind dancing through the night,
Like a thousand laughing hyenas

Because I am a Lion.

Comments