HOBBIES at HOME by the Queen on the Hill

Hello ladies and gents this is the Queen on the Hill telling you that today we are talking about

1. Learn an instrument

Young Man Playing Sax in : Video de stock (totalmente libre de ...

Bust out your recorder from elementary school, because it’s that baby’s time to shine. Fun fact, I learned how to play Baby by Justin Bieber on the piano via YouTube in high school, and it’s my favorite party trick to date. There’s no better time to connect with your musical side, and YouTube has a plethora of videos to get you started, no matter the instrument you decide to rock out on.

2. Paint

Easy Canvas Painting Ideas: Amazon.es: Appstore para Android

Channel your inner Frida Kahlo and get to painting, my friends. You don’t have to be an artist to pick up a paintbrush and get busy. If you want to go freehand, this painting kit from Amazon has everything you need to get started. If you’re like me and would like some direction (and a guaranteed pretty result), this paint-by-numbers set is a must-have. Put on some of your favorite tunes, grab a glass of wine, and get artsy.

3. Learn Photoshop

Learn Adobe Photoshop - All the basics - YouTube

As a person who proudly works for a media company, I must admit that I have put off learning Photoshop for far too long. I always watch my talented coworkers click away, creating beautiful content, and I find myself in awe at how easy they make designing graphics look. When I open the app (yes, I bought it back in the day thinking I’d “for sure buckle down and learn it” at that time), I feel a sense of confusion and impending doom. Until now, I just couldn’t find the time to tackle the learning curve that comes with learning Photoshop. I just downloaded our Photoshop course (*happy dance*) and am finally going to make it happen. Let’s take on the world of graphic design together, Everygirls!

 

4. Learn how to apply your makeup

Los mejores looks con makeup neon | NaciĆ³n Rex

Why are makeup tutorials so entertaining? Probably because full-face looks seem like a far-off dream—who has money for 32 high-end products and who is going anywhere fancy enough to be glam all of the time? I can’t hate on it too much—everything I’ve learned about makeup I’ve learned from my favorite YouTube beauty icons. I love a good before and after, trying out new techniques (mastering a winged eyeliner, for instance), and getting the 411 on new product reviews. Some of my favorite beauty bloggers to learn from include Desi Perkins,  Carli Bybel, and Jackie Aina. (Be careful, once you watch one, it’s easy to fall down a YouTube beauty tutorial rabbit hole—which might not be the worst thing in the world at this point.)


5. Take up photography

1000+ Great Photography Photos Pexels · Free Stock Photos

Dust off that DSLR you swore you were going to use on your trip abroad, and let’s get to learning! If you’re using your DSLR on “auto” mode, you’re doing it wrong. Even though your pictures might turn out OK, you’re probably not using your camera to its fullest potential.

That being said, DSLR or not, learning the groundwork of photography can help you to up your game and take better pictures in the future. Watching YouTube videos to learn about photography basics (aperture, exposure, shutter speed, and ISO),  tips/tricks, and mistakes to avoid can help you understand the camera you already have or inspire you to invest in one. Read This If You Want To Take Great Photographs by Henry Carroll has great reviews on Amazon and is another great place to start!

I hope you liked this post and just know if you have a problem you can go to your loved ones and from me i wish you a good day a long hug and a kiss on the Cheek.

Comments