RIDDLES

 Hello ladies and gents this is the Viking telling you that today we are talking about 

Riddle: Say what?

Card of question mark in white frame on pastel pink background. Soft light color. Women issues. Problem and solution concept.

I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I? 

This riddle relies on tricking you into thinking about ears and a mouth. You get a tiny hint about wind to encourage you to think broadly and avoid the literal.

Answer: An echo. If you have an observant eye, try solving these tricky rebus puzzles.


Riddle: Match game

You measure my life in hours and I serve you by expiring. I’m quick when I’m thin and slow when I’m fat. The wind is my enemy. 

Hard riddles want to trip you up, and this one works by hitting you with details from every angle. The big hint comes at the end with the wind. What does wind threaten most? You have to stretch your brain to come up with a something tiny and unexpected.

Answer: A candle. Plus, check out some simple riddles (with answers) that aren’t too challenging to solve.


Riddle: Hidden treasure

I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I? 

This riddle aims to confuse you and get you to focus on the things that are missing: the houses, trees, and fish. You might guess you need to think about something inanimate.

Answer: A map


Riddle: Spring ahead

What is seen in the middle of March and April that can’t be seen at the beginning or end of either month?

This riddle works by trying to get you to think about the weather or holidays or other events linked to a calendar. To get this one right you actually need to get super literal.

Answer: The letter “R.” Like wordy riddles like these? Try out these challenging word puzzles that will leave you stumped.

You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but when you look again you don't see a single person on the boat. Why?


Riddle: Cruising along

You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but when you look again you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why?

Hard riddles like this brainteaser are tricky because they seems to invite straightforward, logical thinking. You may come up with answers like “they all went below deck” or “jumped overboard.” But you need to focus on the word “single” and think about its other meanings.

Answer: All the people were married.

Comments